Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I love Christmas! Always have. I love to drive around and look at the lights. I love to go shopping even though I'm already done to watch everyone else hustling and bustling. I love the Christmas music! Yes, I listen to the Christmas station!! And yes, I start playing Christmas music in my CD player and on Pandora well before Halloween and sometimes in July! I hope to share this love with Lilly. I really want her to enjoy it, but I feel like we may need to set some boundaries. For starters: Hey! Stop breaking the ornaments! I put some ornaments that I thought could not be broken on some lower branches anticipating her wanting to touch and play with some of them.












So far - she's broken 2 of them. One belonged to my mom's mom. It was 3 red wooden bells. I remember my first tree out on my own. I was 20 years old and had only a few ornaments. I couldn't afford to buy anything and was complaining about it to my mom. Mimi was living with mom at the time and must have felt my heartache. She came out with a box of her ornaments. She told me she didn't need them and would love for me to use them! I still hang remember that night fondly as I hang her ornaments on my tree. The other one was a Santa face my paternal grandmother gave me not too long ago. It was probably one of the last gifts I received from her. She probably couldn't tell you my name anymore thanks to Alzheimer's. I thought the Santa face was plastic and "safe", but apparently, if one slams it down hard enough on a hard-wood floor, a resin Santa ornament will break.












See those red bells? Yep - gone! She just pulled them apart like warm string cheese.
And Ernie is always telling me how I spoil Lilly. I let her get away with everything and "it's ok to tell her no." Yet look at the evidence I found on his camera recently. Looks like he not only "allowed" her to play with the tree, but he also documented it!




























No comments:

Post a Comment