Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lilly Meets Santa!

Cindy, a co-worker, hosts an annual open house featuring Santa! I've always thought it was a great idea and so this year I invited Lilly! The theory: Santa can be scary so the kids need to be comfortable! She had cookies, punch and other appetizers along with paper and crayons so kids could write letters to Santa or draw him a picture. And as if that isn't enough, she collects new, unwrapped toys for Toys for Tots!
This is Lilly with our wonderful host.














and this is Lilly with the jolly fellow! She wasn't excited about him. So we decided to let her walk around and explore and see if she could get enough courage to try it again.














This is Santa's Room. Lilly watched him closely when she wasn't trying to play with the antique tea set.














I really thought we were making progress here. She seems comfortable and interested in him.














After about an hour of holding a cookie and exploring Cindy's beautiful home and waving to Santa, we tried again unsuccessfully. Guess we will try again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment