At some point, birthdays just become a day. That was mine this year. Ernie had to work. I had errands to run. And for the love of pete (or someone else) it is blazin' hot here! Too hot to even light a birthday candle. So I spent the weekend finishing up some sewing projects. I know what you are thinking - "she sews?" The answer is no. I wish I knew how though! But I did make this ruffled halter top. I love it! It actually looks like a ruffled halter top. It took me awhile to do it because I would come to a step and then have to google "what is a gathering stitch?" to actually learn how to sew this shirt. See previous blog to see it on a certain adorable model....
While my sister in law, Karen, was up visiting last month, she showed me how to make her pillowcase dresses. When she was here, it took us 15 minutes (if that) to make one. Without her, it took me an hour! And I messed up in cutting them and made 2 of them too short. Fortunately, Lilly is short! And I left one at church for Selah. She is a few months younger than Lilly and also tiny.
And this one!! I love it! It isn't finished yet because I want to get more stuffing for it and then I have to hand sew the last few inches closed. I found it on a blog (oh those blogs!). She got the idea from Land of Nod, but who wants to pay that price for it!? Not Ernie... So I got enough material to make 2 floor pillows for Lilly! I even made the piping so that it has a little extra cuteness factor.

Now what I should have been doing this weekend is laundry. Thankfully, I am only working 3.5 days this week...

Super cute...and that piping looks great! I love homemade piping! Thanks for letting me know you made one:)
ReplyDelete~Susan