1. We blocked off the front room because we were wearing a path from the family room to the den to retrieve a certain toddler. The first morning of the "blockade" caught Lilly by surprise. She had a couple of toys with her and went to her forbidden room. She saw the gate and threw the toys up in the air and screamed. Ernie just laughed, but we do not have it on video to share with you.
2. Lilly was playing in her play area in the family room one night. I could tell she was looking for something in her toybox. All of a sudden she was crying which usually means she needs help. I only wish I had my camera handy! She fell in and her feet were dangling in the air. I actually debated running to get my camera, but the nurturing side told me THAT'S JUST WRONG! so I rescued her and again have no footage to share. And I'm embarrassed to admit it - I hope it happens again!
3. Some of you keep asking if she is saying any words yet. And the answer is yes! All my patience has finally paid off and she knows sign language for "up", "bath", and "all done!" She accompanies them with some verbal efforts. We know what no means and the babysitter thinks she is saying dog also. I'm not sure about dog.
4. And as if learning to communicate is not impressive enough - she is trying to dress herself! She knows her socks and shoes go on her feet and she tries to put them on all the time. She was trying to put her socks back on one day and got frustrated with her effort. I was so proud of her for not losing her patience and showing her temper (another skill she's been honing) and impressed with her initiative. She may not be able to get that sock on her own foot, but Goose was laying on the couch minding his own business and he has feet too! Yep - she tried to put it on one of Goose's paw and nope - I didn't get the camera fast enough. I really need a camera in every room! And a proud Mama moment for Goose - he didn't even flinch when she tried to put a pink sock on him. He looked at me with those beautiful eyes and begged me silently to put her somewhere else, but he did not move and he even gave her a little kiss on the cheek.

No comments:
Post a Comment