Monday, January 4, 2010

A Christmas Story

On Christmas Eve evening - Goose didn't really seem like himself. By Christmas morning - he was definitely not himself. Ernie had to go back to work and Lilly was up a lot Christmas night. I think she was teething so I hung out with her in her room so Ernie could get some sleep. Little did I know, Ernie was spending that time cleaning up after Goose. And just when we thought he had nothing left, Goose threw up more. I had to take him to the vet Saturday. They had to give him fluids and some drugs via injection and sent me home with an antibiotic and some anti-nausea pills for him. He spent several days here resting.














or laying here in the breakfast room resting...














Even Lilly sensed his discomfort and gave him the sweetest Eskimo kiss. And then, in a never before seen move, she actually brought him one of his toys. I did not get any of this on film though and I'm pretty sure they won't happen again. Goose is back to eating his regular food, but he's still laying around a lot. Not sure if he's completely recovered.
I guess we'll try again next year!

1 comment:

  1. Glad Goose is feeling better! What a bummer for him to be sick on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete