It was her first. I had a cute outfit - very patriotic for her to wear. I forgot to put her in it. We decided to go down to the lake and watch the subdivision fireworks show with her. It started to rain. It was really late too (9:00 PM) so I thought I would bring Lilly home. Ernie thought I was nuts, but it was late! Anyway we came home and Lilly want to bed around 9:30.
HOWEVER... we've moved to a place called Fireworks City! It is legal to shoot off fireworks in Jefferson County which we must be smack dab in the middle because there were fireworks going off all night everywhere! And honestly, it's not just a night or even a weekend around here - it is truly a season. So far - a loooong season. Seriously - fireworks going off well past midnight and some going off right now as I type and Lilly tries to sleep.
She's done pretty well with it all, but July 4 was really loud and at 11:30 she woke up screaming mad. She just couldn't take it anymore. She finally fell asleep in my arms around 12:15AM, but I still held her until all was quiet on the homefront again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Lisa...you should become a writer! You are very good with describing details, so the reader can picture the scenes and expressions of the parties involved! Loved this...it made me laugh!...GAP
ReplyDelete