Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sta-cation - Day 2

We all know about the "fully stocked bar", but I have never heard of, much less seen, a fully stocked playground. This playground was across the road from our building. Stocked with playground balls, volleyballs, basketballs, horseshoes and a huge sandbox, not to mention the normal stuff - swings, slides, monkey bars.


Oh - did I mention we were right on Tablerock lake? We had a beautiful view and the lake was just a short walk away.

Where we pretended to know how to skip rocks to teach the kids how.


And then went to the docks where we tried out the paddle boats!
Yes, free paddle boats for the guests. And can I just say how proud I am of Ernie and I?! No, I did not want Lilly this close to the water. No, I did not want us to do a paddle boat. No, I did not think Lilly would sit still for the paddle boat. But we did it! And as much as I wanted her to just sit on the bench and enjoy the scenery, we paddle-boated. She enjoyed it and neither of us were too over-bearing. At least I don't think we were. Good job parental units!
Another perk: fishing poles! The kids loved this. And Megan actually caught one. Something with gills and beady eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment