Friday, April 2, 2010

Lil Musings

Lilly's been doing some really great things lately! It's a shame we have no photos to share.

I was putting her laundry away the other day. I put the basket in the middle of the room equidistant between her dresser and chest of drawers. I put the pajamas in the appropriate drawer and went back to get my next pile of little outfits to see that more laundry has been added to her basket. While I turned my back to her to put away clothes in her dresser, she consistently and very quickly took clothes from her chest and added them to the basket. This provided much joy for her. And of course, I praised her every time she haphazardly threw them all back in her drawer - no longer folded; no longer with their co-ordinating pieces. The good news is I had forgotten about all of those clothes and she has saved me money because they should all fit her soon!
Since I was off on Good Friday, I thought it would be fun to join a play group at the Ralston Purina farm in Gray Summit (an hour away). Apparently everyone (and I do mean EVERYONE!) thought the same thing. Lilly was dressed in a super cute outfit for "Easter Village" - a little area with all kinds of new born animals. She was most interested in the sleeping piglets. She got to pet a duckling and a bunny. There were lots of photo opp spots, but it was so crowded there was no way to get it done. Plus, I forgot my camera. I never even found our play group. I did run into a friend from church. She was there with her triplets - yes, as a play group - Multiples in St. Louis!
Lilly is really starting to imitate me. She does a pretty good "Bah Bah Black Sheep" and although she still can't tell us what a cow says or what Goose says, she can tell you what a duck says - if you know what to listen for. She will count with us to five, but she usually skips 2-4, because I make the number five sound so awesome! She just wants to get to it. I also stuck my tongue out at her and moved it around to see what she would do. And she did it right back and laughed.
She wants to dress herself and is really trying with socks and her pants. Once she resolves she needs assistance, she gets really excited to see when her fingers and toes will appear. She loves that game! We count her fingers and toes to make sure they all made the long journey together. I received a text from Ernie last week while I was at work. "Houdini escaped from her diaper." Imagine Ernie's surprise when he saw a diaper in the family room without it's owner.
And last, but certainly not least - Goose. Goose is really sweet with her. I try to keep him out of her room because he is loud. He doesn't mean to be, but he can't help, but to shake his ears or wag his tail against the door or a piece of furniture. So he supervises me from the hallway. I usually go in and check on her before going to bed. One night recently, he sneaked in behind me. He took great care to be super quiet. And then he tried to kiss her through the crib railings.

No comments:

Post a Comment