Monday, May 25, 2009

Have you Yard Saled?

The first weekend of May and October is this crazy thing I had never heard of until I got pregnant. It is this huge yard sale with all of these people selling all their baby stuff. I've never yard saled short of selling my stuff for a fraction of what I paid for it, but another friend of mine promised she'd meet me there and help me out! I really had issues with the germ factor so no soft toys, used books or anything else that looked "chewable" which pretty much left me to clothes. However, I also really didn't know what I would need so while my friend was buying things right and left and spending most of her cash, I left with a few outfits, spending a mere $5. One of my fantastic purchases was this cute Tommy Hilfiger dress for a quarter! Yes, a mere quarter... I thought if she only wore it once, I got my money's worth and then some! So it was her red, white, and blue outfit for Memorial Day. Hopefully, she'll get to wear it for July 4th also!


OK - so I broke myself in to the yardsale idea last October. Just recently, I drove by a daycare down the street from our subdivision and they were having a yard sale! Lots of moms selling their baby stuff. I stopped to see if Lilly needed anything.... She is well stocked now for 12 month and 18 month clothes :-)
I've been debating an exercauser for her, but wasn't sure if she'd like it. Heck, she has a wonderful swing that she's hardly used and great toys that other moms swore she'd love. So I found this one for $20. I think that's a good price and she likes it! So again, money well spent (I think!)


No comments:

Post a Comment